Today I thought to share with you what my daily routine has become. And how I’m trying each and every day to keep to a routine in order to not only stay sane, but keep fit, eat well, and stay focused on the end; whenever that may come, two weeks, two months, or a year from now. Because, let’s face it. Even if they come up with an effective vaccine in the next couple of months, it will take 12-18 months to get through trials and go into full scale productions. Whether or not Bill Gates is building seven factories or not.
Even if we flatten the curve enough to make a dent in this, we still need to be vigilant, and think long, not short term. We need FOUR solid weeks with DECREASING numbers to be sure that the virus is being beaten back—though, not necessarily defeated. Not until we have NO new cases, can we hope to see the end in sight.
Me and mine discussed this last night and think, realistically, like many countries are predicting, it will be 18 months to 2 years before we can call this one.
- Roll out of bed at around 7:30 am
- Brush teeth, take blood sugar
- Drink 2 glasses of water and take morning pre-breakfast pills
- Have breakfast (8:30ish) take breakfast pills
- Do first 5-minute circuits of kitchen
- Have only coffee of the day, savour it sat on couch
- Read latest news headlines
- Do morning chores: laundry, water plants, etc.
- 10:30 morning break & Green Tea, as tea brews do 2nd 5-min period walking
- Spend rest of morning in bedroom office planning world domination with Green Rabbit and Matt Smith—what? Oh, okay, answering email and writing a blog post
- Noon, lunch of whatever falls out of the bread bin and fridge
- Brew green tea, as tea brews do 3rd 5-min period walking
- Watch 1pm news briefing of Premier get updated on provincial status
- Back in mini office surfing/tweeting/update Hobonichi diary, doodle
- 2:30 tea break, 4th 5-min period walking
- Tea out on balcony (weather permitting) absorb Vit-D not Covid!
- 3pm back at desk planning space invasion, writing, lolly gaging, or dolly daydreaming plot scenarios
- 4pm Moroccan mint tea break, 5th 5-min period walking
- 4:30 – 5pm, in kitchen to plan and prep dinner
- Dinner usually around 6pm
- Spend evening on couch with partner
- 7:30ish last drink of day peppermint tea, 6th 5-min period walking
- At around 10:30 bedtime prep routine
- In bed before 11pm
And you, do you have or try to keep to a routine of any sort, or do you just wing it?