If I said there was only one, how would that make me sound? Like I only read stand-alone novels? Or that I read really long series, so the next book in line isn’t really a sequel. Okay, so Shanah, over at the Bionic Book Worm has given me a doozy this week.
So I’ve been scratching my head for some time about what to put on this list. Knowing I could put anticipated books, or books lounging on a shelf somewhere. But either way, here’s what I’ve come up with …
- THE EMPIRE OF GOLD by S. A. Chakraborty — I mean, come on, half the world is holding their breath waiting on this one. Waiting to learn what’s happened to our fav heroes: Nahri, Dara, Ali, and what’s become of Daevabad! And yes, I know, it’s book three in a trilogy, so not a true sequel.
- AND FIRE CAME DOWN by Emma Viskic — This is the sequel to very enjoyable and quirky Resurrection Bay, and the characters of Caleb Zelic, Kat, and Caleb’s one-time partner, Frankie, who’s on the run, and for good reason. I am so looking forward to finding out what comes next!
- THE GOLDEN TRESSES OF THE DEAD by Alan Bradley — Like I said, some of the books I’m looking forward to reading are not actually sequels, per se, but the next in the series, as with this one, following the illustrious career of Flavia de Luce—a 12 year-old sleuth. In this installment, Flavia is setting up her own detective agency with Dogger.
- THE STRANGE DISAPPEARANCE OF A BOLLYWOOD STAR by Vaseem Khan — Here’s another one I soooo want to read. This is the third book in what is a really fun, almost tongue-in-cheek series following ex-Inspector Ashwin Chopra of the Mumbai police force and his baby elephant, Ganesh.
- WE WERE KILLERS ONCE by Becky Masterman — Okay, another in a series, book 4, in fact, featuring retired ex-FBI agent, Brigid Quinn. Who’s once again caught up in another murder mystery, this one echoing down from a pair of convicted murderers executed in 1959. And a thread that’s just waiting for Quinn to unearth and unravel.
So there you have it, my 5 choices for sequels I really, and I mean, really want to read next! And you, what sequels, if any are you eagerly awaiting?