To Banana Bread, or not to Banana Bread!
But of course, without question, I have now become a banana bread diva. As me and mine are into making them on a regular basis. Another one made as of this morning, and filling the apartment with such a glorious smell. I would save you all a slice, but then, you would have to get in order to eat it. So I’ll just tell you later how good it tasted, okay?
So, the recipe for such a divine food of the gods? Easy … I separate everything into 3 bowls. Mashed bananas in one, flour, cinnamon and baking powder in another, and the butter and sugar mixture in a third larger bowl. Eggs usually in a glass jug.
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup fine sugar
- ½ cup soft butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 large soft bananas, squished
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350, and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Blend the butter and sugar in a bowl till white and fluff.
- Slowly add all the other ingredients till thoroughly blended, make sure not to over work the mixture.
- Turn the mixture out into the lined loaf tin, and bake for 1 hour or till golden brown on top and firm to the touch.
- Remove from tin and let stand on wire rack to cool.
AND STRAIGHT FROM THE OVEN …