What started on twitter when I stumble across a couple of new writers—Vivien Chen and Suleikha Snyder—and followed them, then became a hunt for their work online, obviously, to buy. And then? I went kind of crazy. I blame it on lockdown, lockup, locked-in, and having a credit card burning a hole in my purse. It wants to be used. It begs to be used.
So I exercised my right to go on a spending spree buying, well, yes, of course, books.
Like I need more to pile up on my coffee table TBR pile.
But there’s no talking sense into me, like any of us with the ‘addiction’.
So what have I ordered? Well, here we go:
- BITTER MEDICINE by Sara Paretsky
- OVERKILL by Vanda Symon
- WONTON TERROR by Vivien Chen
- EGG DROP DEAD by Vivien Chen
Then, not only that, there’s the pre-orders for later this year and, also, because I’m like that, next year too! Oh, go on, tell me I’m out of control, and I’ll laugh in your face and tell you, what else am I to spend my hard earned money on?
So what else do I have on my list?
- MAD, BAD, AND DANGEROUS TO KNOW by Samira Ahmed
- INTERNMENT by Samira Ahmed
- KILLER KUNG PO by Vivien Chen
- FATAL FRIED RICE by Vivien Chen
- THE SURVIVORS by Jane Harper
- FIFTY, FIFTY by Steve Cavanagh
- ARCHITECTS OF MEMORY by Karen Osborne
- ENGINES OF OBLIVION by Karen Osborne
- THE CONDUCTORS by Nicole Glover
- DARKNESS FOR LIGHT by Emma Viskic
Eh, yeah, I know … I don’t want to think about what my next credit card bill will be. Eh, now, distract me with something shiny, or cat and dog photos …