Another one of those one-pan, easy to make soups, that is both tasty and satisfying.
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over a med-high heat, add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, till translucent.
- Add garlic and cook through for a further 1 min.
- Add diced potatoes, leek, and heat through for about 1 min more stirring regularly.
- Add stock, bay leaves, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and then simmer for 35 minutes.
- Let stand for a minute, remove bay leaves, then blend smooth.
- For a richer, creamier taste, you can add creme fresh, cream, or ricotta cheese.
SERVES: 4 — 6