Yes, I found this recipe online, as it’s something I’ve never made before. And then, like most recipes, tweaked it a little to suit me.
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 drips vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix ALL ingredients EXCEPT butter, in a blender, or with a hand whisk till smooth.
- Set batter aside for 20-25 minutes to rest.
- Place cast iron skillet in oven to heat through, 5-6 minutes.
- Remove skillet, add butter and let melt, covering all pan surface. Add batter and return to oven.
- Cook batter for 15-20 minutes or till golden brown and risen.
- Remove and serve immediately with dusting of icing sugar and or fruit or syrup.