Here’s another of our family favourites. An easy dish to throw together from pantry staples. It’s kid friendly, and feeds anywhere between 4 to 6 depending on healthy appetites.
- 1 can Campbells condensed mushroom soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 2 small chicken breast (or 1 large), diced
- 3/4 cup of arborio rice
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 375F or gas mark 6.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl, then transfer to a 12 x 16 oven-proof baking dish.
- Cover with tin foil to make a tight seal.
- Bake for 35-40 or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Carefully remove foil and stir thoroughly, remove the bay leaves.
- Serve with shavings of parmesan cheese on top.
As an alternative, you can use chicken soup, which changes the flavour slightly. Or add leeks, cauliflower florets, or broccoli, for variation.