Ever hopeful that I am, I’m making yet another list of books I hope to read this month. Books that have sat on my coffee table, in the lounge, staring up at me not quite pleading, but almost! Yes, I know, how very whimsical of me. But you know what I mean. I’ve had a weird couple of reading months in which, well, I’ve bombed out. Slump? Ennui? I have no idea. I’m either hitting a brick wall, or the books I’ve picked and read are just not grabbing me, or I’m not in the right head/reading space at the moment.
Anyway … hoped for reads in June are:
- THE KINGDOM OF THE BLIND by Louise Penny — Tried, tested, and always true to her vision. I can count on Penny to deliver me out of my reading slump.
- AND FIRE CAME DOWN by Emma Viskic — This is the sequel to Resurrection Bay, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Hoping this one woos me too.
- DESCENDANT OF THE CRANE by Joan He — I had hoped to read this last month, but after being so disappointed with The Candle and the Flame, I kind of put off reading this one. But that cover keeps beckoning me.
- THE GOLDEN TRESSES OF THE DEAD by Alan Bradley — I think I’ve kept putting off reading this one (I’ve carried it over for at least 2 months now) because it’s the last Flavia de Luce mystery, ever! I think June is a good month to read it, right?
- US AGAINST YOU by Fredrik Backman — Another carry over from previous months I just haven’t picked up.
And you, what do you have lined up for June?