Welcome to today’s positivity wave! Created by the lovely Meggy @ Chocolate ‘n’ Waffles, it is a remedy against feeling down by creating a list of positive things happening in our lives. So here we are, I feel the need to make this a weekly feature here, at the Wry Writer, and remind myself each week of just how much I have to be thankful for.
- As always, given the horror that is COVID and people, a year on, still refusing to wear masks and causing problems at the supermarket. I am forever grateful for the fact we can order our groceries online. We are now on first name basis with our delivery guy.
- I am really thankful that our doctor’s practise (literally across the road from where we live) is now fully virtual, and that we can book online, get a consult with a nurse, and have the 411 number as well for health info.
- I love, love book mail. And the fact that my partner is happy to indulge my book buying habit by patently ignoring just how many books I buy a month. Ha! Ha!
- I am always thankful to my upbringing and mum for teaching me the basics of how to cook, and the fact I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I’m not afraid to concoct dinner out of left overs. A skill-set for the here and now we find ourselves in.
- Which, of course, also means I bake … a lot! Banana loaf being one of our favourites.
- And finally, of course, I am forever thankful for going through all this, with the best partner anyone could wish for. I think we’ve managed to balance one another out when it comes to stressing or, I should say, not stressing so much.
Anyway, thanks for reading and, as always, stay safe out there and take care of yourselves.