Inspired by my book blogging friends — Jonetta / Inge — I’ve decided to do my choice of Top Ten for the last couple of years rather than attempt to remember every book I read (and liked) in the last decade. So here’s the list I whittled down from many:
- GLASS HOUSES by Louise Penny
- THE CITY OF BRASS by S.A. Chakraborty
- THE KINGDOM OF COPPER by S.A. Chakraborty
- SALT TO THE SEA by Ruta Sepetys
- THE LOST MAN by Jane Harper
- DEEP DOWN DEAD by Steph Broadribb (and the whole Lori Anderson series)
- THE SILENCED by Anders de la Motte
- THE LOCKSMITH’S DAUGHTER by Karen Brooks
- THE DRY by Jane Harper
- RESURRECTION BAY by Emma Viskic
What all these books have in common are their finely detailed characters, unusual situations or settings, and compelling story telling that engage a reader from beginning to end. Crime, mystery, suspense, political flights of fantasy, historical heartbreak and outback adventure, these books and their authors deliver it all, and then some.
If nothing else, I hope you read at least one of these amazing books and enjoy it/them as much as I have. And here’s to a great slate of new books coming in 2020.